|Studio Location||Scottsdale - 85266|
Scottsdale Rd & Jomax
|Will Travel to You||Yes |
|Send a Message|
• Graduate of University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee with a BS in Music Education in 1960.
• Studied piano with Addie S. Gay, affiliated with the Wisconsin College of Music, and with Dr. Tillema at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
• Studied cello with Marie Maxim for 9 years through the Milwaukee Public School System.
• Cellist with the Daytona Solisti Chamber Orchestra for 10 years in Florida.
• Former member of the National Guild of Piano Teachers when in Florida
• Member and on the board of Florida MTA
I have taught elementary, intermediate and early advanced piano for over 40 years in Wisconsin, California, Florida and Arizona. I had 4 beginning cello students in Florida. I have a studio in my home and will travel to several students’ homes within a 3-5 mile radius from my home in the north Scottsdale area.
Preferred age levels: 7 years through adult
Lesson format: Theory, technique, method books for elementary, with some supplementary sheet music. Theory and technique continue to be part of each student’s lesson as they advance with mainly classical selections and etudes for study. Selections other than classical are sometimes added to fit the student’s personality and to provide opportunities for them to play music outside of the general classical/contemporary genre, if requested. Lesson plans are presented to each student for each week’s study with a structured format.
Workshops/recitals are offered two or three times during the year at my home for students to perform for each other. Other opportunities for adjudication are considered through MTNA when appropriate for advancing students.
I have two Steinway pianos in my home, a 7-foot grand and an upright.